The System by which Companies are Directed and Controlled
Transparency, integrity, and accountability are the pillars of corporate governance. URC is committed to these principles in the way we direct and control our business and in the way we conduct our relationships with shareholders, the Board of Directors and our own management and employees. We understand that it is not enough to perform well; we must conduct our business in a way that promotes investor confidence and attracts new investors – enabling us to grow and be competitive while remaining accountable.
Additionally, URC focuses on giving back to the community and supporting youth and culture through its various Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities and initiatives.
URC instills governance principles holistically into our strategic planning, internal controls, performance measurement, internal and external audit functions, and information disclosures. We aim to go beyond formal regulatory requirements and external audits by self-monitoring our adherence to governance principles.
Our Corporate Governance Program is based on the following tenets:
- Respect for our shareholders and their right to timely and accurate information
- Respect for the legal, contractual, and ethical obligations and rights of our employees, creditors, suppliers, and the communities in which we build and operate our projects.
- Expectation of integrity and ethical behavior by board members, management and employees.
- Need for safeguarding the integrity of the company’s finances and financial reporting.
- Respect for our employees and colleagues by creating a fair and unbiased healthy corporate culture.